We used to be a granola bar family. That is until my kids first tried energy bites. These delicious little balls are typically much healthier than granola bars, and they have slower digesting ingredients, that make them a great snack for school. We have been known to pair them with Greek yogurt for a simple, delicious, and filling breakfast too.
There are so many energy bite recipes out there! We usually just throw ours together with no specific measurements since we have made them so many times. However, these recipes are some of my kids absolute favorites. In fact, my ten and twelve year old children, usually make them themselves.
You can make large batches of your favorite energy bites as they all freeze wonderfully! I have been known to place them in my kids lunches frozen, and they are perfectly thawed by lunch at school.
- These 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Energy Bites from Chef Savy are the ones we make the most often. In fact I have the recipe memorized. The perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter!
- I wasn’t totally sure how my kids would feel about these No Cook Apricot Energy Bites from Ruchi’s Kitchen. However, they have quickly become one of our family’s favorites.
- The Carrot Oat Energy Bites from My Kids Lick The Bowl is amazing. Seriously, you guys. It’s like a tiny nugget of carrot cake! No wonder her kids lick the bowl!
- Looking for a Paleo version? Then the Matcha Green Tea Energy Bites from Living Well Mom are for you! They have a unique flavor, and the bright green color is sure to get your kids to at least give them a try!
- My Kids Lick The Bowl for the win again! These Strawberry Breakfast Bites are delicious! These are not super sweet, and have a hint of coconut that pairs perfectly with the strawberries.
- The No Bake Energy Oatmeal Cookie Bites from Cotter Crunch are my personal favorite on the list. They truly taste like a chewy oatmeal cookie. I may or may not have to double the recipe in order for my kids to ever see them.
- Is there any flavor better than lemon? These Lemon Blueberry Energy Bites from The Recipe Rebel taste like dessert. Perfect for a healthy snack at the beach!
- Of course the kids all love these. The addition of M&M’s makes them seem like an unhealthy treat, but us mom’s know the real story. Love To Be In The Kitchen brings the No Bake Monster Energy Cookie Bites. Way healthier than the cookie, and perfect for an on the go treat.
Each and every one of these energy bites is super fast to make, and keeps well in the freezer. I like to store the in these containers. They are the perfect size, and I love that they are leak-proof and see through. The price can’t be beat either!
Next time you are looking for a healthy snack for your family, I hope that you will try one of these fabulous recipes!